EPLWA Update: Lewis County FC, WestSound, more
Taking notes and drinking pints: Peter Ostrovsky of the Club Entrance Committee posted this photo on his Facebook page this week.
by David Falk
Here’s the latest insider scoop involving the Evergreen Premier League. It was a great first week of announcing member clubs as two sides were accepted: Bellingham United FC and South Sound FC. Behind the scenes the Club Entrance Committee is in discussions with nine other groups that have applied to join the new men’s adult semi-pro league. Of those nine, a solid four are close and could be announced over the next two weeks. Club number three is going to be revealed on Monday August 12 at 10:00 AM on the league Facebook page.
- Volcano SC have revealed themselves as the club behind the Lewis County application. They are looking for feedback and support from players and fans to measure local interest. The dream of creating “Lewis County FC” will also be the subject of an upcoming story in the local newspaper, The Chronicle. Facebook page in very early stages here.
- The Wenatchee World continues to cover the EPLWA and the application of Wenatchee United FC.
- The Kitsap Sun will feature a story on WestSound FC and their application to the EPLWA this Sunday, August 11. WestSound are due to turn in some paperwork for the Committee to look over in the next day or so.
- KPUG Radio in Bellingham interviewed Hammers owner Jeff McIntyre about his club’s move from the PCSL to the EPLWA.
- John Crouch, owner of South Sound FC and one of the members of the Club Entrance Committee, met in Seattle on Thursday with two people from Seattle Stars FC, owner Margarito Avila and coach Alex Kajumulo. The Stars have applied to join the EPLWA and play out of the Tukwila area. Reports are the meeting was productive.
- Youth and Independence: The Club Entrance Committee is looking at independent adult club applications as well as elite youth club ones. Discussions continue within the group as we weigh the merits of both types of structures and ownership models.
- Two for TriCities: such is the case in TriCities, where two solid groups have put in applications, one youth club and one independent adult side. Both have been interviewed and the committee is hoping to make the tough choice after hearing back the results of a Sunday night meeting in Pasco.
- It’s looking promising that after Monday’s club announcement the league could well follow-up on Wednesday the 14th with news of a fourth club.
- The EPLWA Youtube channel needs 100 subscribers to activate our ability to stream matches live online in 2014. We hope to have a “Match of the Week.” Subscribe here.
- The EPLWA has a reddit page: http://www.reddit.com/r/EPLWA/
- The league is already active on Facebook and Twitter.
- The recent conference call had 19 interested groups online. You are not officially considered for the league until you’ve applied.
- Logo and branding work continues behind the scenes. New club crests are in the pipeline.
goalWA.net Local Soccer News is sponsored by Pro Roofing Northwest, Kirkland, Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond, Woodinville, Federal Way, Everett, Snohomish, Issaquah, Renton, Kent, Bothell, Edmonds Washington roofing company.